Nursing Officer I
Bahamas Technical and Vocational Institute
Old Trail Road
Nassau, N.P., The Bahamas
SUMMARY OF ROLE:
Provides professional nursing care, health education and health services to students and employees of BTVI; assesses, treats, counsels and refers students and employees to other resources as appropriate; maintains electronic medical records and ensures compliance with national laws, regulations and health protocols.
Essential responsibilities and duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
1. Provides professional nursing care and health services to pediatric clients, students and employees; makes independent nursing assessments and evaluations in a clinical ambulatory care setting regarding injuries and illnesses and provides first aid, emergency care or crisis intervention to students and employees in accordance with national nursing laws and college regulations and protocols; refers the more complex medical or psychological problems to emergency services or an appropriate care provider.
2. Advises patients on health maintenance and disease prevention and provides referrals for appropriate care and diagnostic tests to assess patient conditions, including blood pressure, tuberculosis, vision and vital signs.
3. Documents patient medical information, condition, treatment, advice and referrals on patient medical records utilizing electronic medical records; maintains confidential patient medical records; prepares accident reports and maintains copies in patient records; serves as a resource to Student Services staff for assistance/support on electronic medical records system.
4. Serves as a health educator and advocate for students, employees and the BTVI community; provides presentations in classrooms and at community events; ensures quality patient care by consulting and coordinating with reporting unit team.
5. Services staff and community resources to assess, plan, implement and evaluate community wellness programmes; distributes health education materials and participates in health education events as needed. 6. Serves as a member of the Campus Safety/Emergency Response Team.
Bachelor of Science in Nursing Degree from an accredited college or university.
1. Current, valid Registered Nurse license by time of appointment
2. Current, valid cardiopulmonary (CPR) and first aid certification by time of appointment
At least five (5) years of responsible nursing experience in an ambulatory care or student health services environment. Supervisory experience in a similar role would be a plus.
All interested persons are asked to submit the following documents to the HR Department at [email protected]: by 30th November 2023.
Completed BTVI Employment Application Form Resume with Cover Letter expressing interest, Copies of Nursing License, required certifications, Copy of Degrees/Qualifications from accredited College or University, Two References Letter no older than 3 months (1 personal and 1 professional), Copy of the first three pages of Passport, Copy of NIB Card, One Original Copy of Police Record