Welcome to Professional Development! Let us help you achieve your career and professional goals.
Through our Professional Development Department, BTVI provides lifelong learning opportunities. Our programmes, courses and activities facilitate self-enrichment and provide continuing education and training before or after a person has entered the workforce.
Who should Enrol in our Professional Development Programmes or Courses?
Persons who want to
- gain new skills or upgrade and improve existing ones.
- stay up-to-date on current trends.
- start a new career or advance in their current career.
- increase their earning potential and employment opportunities.
Eligibility for Admission
- Our professional development programmes, courses and activities are open to everyone.
- Eligibility requirements are specified in those instances in which the programme or course leads to certification or licensure.
How to Apply for a Professional Development Programme, Course or Activity
Upload a completed Professional Development Application Form to the Admissions Department through the BTVI website along with the following:
- Copy of the relevant pages of a valid e-passport displaying the expiration date and personal information including the applicant’s complete name and date of birth or a copy of a valid Certificate of Identity.
- Copy of National Insurance Board Smart Card.
- Receipt for payment of the non-refundable Professional Development application processing fee.
Successful Completion of a Professional Development Programme, Course or Activity
Students who successfully complete one of our professional development programmes, courses or activities will receive a Bahamas Technical and Vocational Institute Certificate of Participation.
Certification or Licensure
Courses which lead to certification or licensure are offered by our Professional Development Department and governed by the granting institution. The theoretical component is covered in our Professional Development programme or course and the practical component is completed directly with the granting institution.
Whether you are a young or experienced professional, whether you want to learn new skills or improve existing ones, whether you want to expand your employment opportunities or bolster advancements in your current career, contact us at [email protected] and let us help you achieve your goals.