We’re excited about your interest in the Bahamas Technical and Vocational Institute (BTVI).
BTVI offers learning opportunities to anyone seeking to further their technical and vocational education and training. We continue to build on our rich legacy of creating a challenging, intellectually stimulating and engaging environment for students. Our comprehensive programmes, designed to equip you with the requisite knowledge and skills, coupled with the services we provide and the support we receive from industry stakeholders help to prepare you for the workplace and a globally competitive world. Our partnerships and agreements with universities and colleges in the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom provide you with opportunities to pursue additional studies.
We welcome applicants from all backgrounds. We will be there for you at every stage of your journey.
Choose Your Path
BTVI offers a variety of certificate, diploma and associate of applied science degree programmes. We also offer numerous Professional Development Courses so that no matter where your passion lies, we can help you shape your future. What We Offer
Eligibility for Admission
Applicants must be 16 years old (with a letter of consent from their parent or legal guardian) or older and must not be in high school at the point of admission. High school students who wish to take BTVI courses while in high school may do so through Dual Enrolment.
Applicants must submit:
• Completed Application for Admission to the Admissions Department via the BTVI web portal at btvi.edu.bs
• Proof of citizenship (valid e-passport or valid Certificate of Identity)
• Certified copy of valid Permit to Reside in The Bahamas (international students only) and/or proof of having attended school in The Bahamas for six consecutive years
• National Insurance Board (NIB) Smart Card
• Current police record
• Certified copies of academic certificates, diplomas, degrees (applicants must bring the originals in to Admissions)
• Official college/university/high school transcript along with course outlines for those courses for which applicants would like to apply for a Transfer of Credit
• Completed BTVI medical form
• Proof of payment of the non-refundable application processing fee
Transfer of Credit
Applicants who are accepted into BTVI and who have completed relevant coursework at a recognised or accredited post-secondary institution may apply to have their credits transferred to BTVI. They must submit a completed Transfer of Credit Application Form to Admissions along with an official transcript from the institution at which the course was taken and a detailed course outline from the year in which the course was taken. To be considered for transfer credit, students must have achieved a minimum grade of 70% or a minimum grade of C in the course for which the transfer credit is being requested. For additional information, contact [email protected].
Students who have prior work experience or who have completed equivalent courses at another accredited institution may request to take a challenge examination for a BTVI course for which they have not already received a grade. Students must register for the course they intend to challenge and must submit a completed Challenge Examination Request Form to the Office of Examinations and Testing Services at [email protected]. Students must achieve a minimum score of 70% on the challenge examination to receive BTVI credit for the course.