POSITION: Project Coordinator
DEPARTMENT: Academic Affairs
REPORTING STRUCTURE: Vice President, Academic Affairs or Designate
The Project Coordinator works in liaison with all academic and administrative units and departments. This post will be responsible for coordinating projects assigned by the Vice President Academic Affairs (VPAA) in support of the mandate of the Office to offer relevant, viable, innovative and high quality technical and vocational programmes for lifelong learning. The Coordinator works in collaboration with relevant Departments, including the Office of the Registrar and Trade Departments, to assist with efforts from recruitment to admissions, registration and monitoring of students and instructors though to programme completion as well as associated tasks as appliable to the project/initiative. Serving as a spokesperson for assigned programmes/initiatives, the Project Coordinator collaborates with other programmecoordinators engaged with comparable projects and initiatives throughout the Family Islands.
• Serve as the key BTVI contact for assigned projects/initiatives, including the Smart Start Programme (New Providence)
• Assist with recruitment activities in conjunction with the Registrar’s Office, Admissions Department
• Assist with the tracking of recruitment efforts to ensure appropriate follow-up regarding submission of applications
• Organise orientation events for students and instructors as appropriate
• Develop schedules for assigned programmes/initiatives
• Ensure that all examinations are reviewed by the relevant Head of Department
• Ensure all deadlines are met
• In consultation with HODs ensure that teaching strategies are assessed for effective teaching and learning.
• Hold regular meetings and set aside meeting time for small group meetings to monitor developments of the assigned projects/initiatives
• Keep accurate records on the activities and performance of students and instructors involved in the assigned projects/initiatives
• In conjunction with the Public Relations Office, promote the assigned projects/initiatives
• In conjunction with the Office of Student Affairs, maintain contact with industry partners who receive students for community service or apprenticeship attachments in an effort to inform programme enhancements that may be required
• Advise Deans and Heads of Department on curriculum, scheduling and training-related matters as they impact assigned projects/initiatives
• Prepare and submit an annual report to the VPAA
• Other reasonable duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in education or related field from an accredited institution. An advanced degree would be an asset.
• At least five (5) years’ experience in a similar post OR at least (3) years’ experience in management of a business, government or educational setting.
This position may occasionally require working hours before or after the standard workday, as needed.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, along with a resume to [email protected] by Wednesday, 31st May 2023 Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview. We look forward to hearing from you.