POSITION: Staff Accountant
REPORTING STRUCTURE: Chief Financial Officer
The Staff Accountant is a mid- level management position that performs professional accounting work in support of the day-to-day operations for the BTVI’s Business Office functions of Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Asset and Cash Management, General Ledger, and Financial Management reporting.
- Provide accounting support for General Ledger and reconciliation process; reconcile accounts on a daily, weekly and monthly basis. This may include, but is not limited to: Cash, Accounts Payables and all student Accounts Receivable activity
- Prepare and maintain fixed assets and inventory reports Maintain and update tuition revenue reasonableness spreadsheet for each fiscal year by term and troubleshooting variances Assist in preparing monthly Board financial package
- Assist with the year-end audit
- Assist in the development of relevant financial reports to be used by the Institute
- Work using ad hoc reporting tools (i.e Access) to create reporting that will streamline various processes including fixed assets and external reporting
- Assist in developing, maintaining, updating and clearly communicating relevant policies, regulations and procedures related to accounting and cashiering functions
- Work on special projects as needed
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration or Finance
At least six to eight years work experience as an accountant or related position in an educational or government business office; experience using on-line electronic/computer financial information systems and spreadsheets, ability to read, analyze, interpret data; ability to write reports, ability to work with numbers accurately.
Interested candidates should submit a copy of their current resume and relevant qualifications along with a BTVI Employment Application Form to email:- [email protected] by Friday, 5th May 2023