Patient Care Technician/ Medical Assistant
Bahamas Technical and Vocational Institute
Posting Date: February 2023
Employment Type: Full-Time
The Bahamas Technical and Vocational Institute is pleased to invite candidates to apply for the position of Patient Care Technician/ Medical Assistant. This full-time position will commence March 2023.
The professional will assist with triaging clients: Staff, Students, Faculty and Pediatric clients under the direction of the Nursing Officer, who is a Licensed Registered Nurse. The position of Patient Care Technician/ medical Assistant is required to perform a variety of task, but not limited to:
• Monitoring Vital Signs (Blood Pressure, Temperature, Heart Rate, etc…)
• Perform First Aide & CPR whenever necessary.
• Assist with managing clients’ medical records and keeping the same confidential.
• Assist with administering oral medication only, under the supervision of the Nursing Officer.
• Must be able to work outside of the regular 8:00am-4:00pm shift, whenever necessary to facilitate campus coverage of a medical personnel.
• Applicants must possess a Certification, Diploma or an Associate degree in Patient Care Technician or Medical Assistant profession.
• Must Possess a valid First Aide & CPR or BLS or relevant certification from a recognized training agency.
• A minimum of 6 months clinical work experience.
• Must be permitted to work in The Bahamas.
Bahamas Technical and Vocational Institute (BTVI) Old Trail Road Campus Nassau, Bahamas.
All interested persons are asked to submit the following documents to the HR department in person or via email to [email protected] no later than March 3rd, 2023:
• Copy of qualification
• Copy of Official Transcript
• Copy of a valid First Aide & CPR or BLS or relevant certification
• Resume with Cover letter expressing interest
• Three references no older than 3 months (one being from your immediate past supervisor)
• Copy of the first three pages of passport
• Copy of NIB card
• One Original Copy of Police Record
• Copy of Vaccination Card
• Health Certificate