Nov, 06 2018
** BTVI ID required for entrance into ALL FINAL EXAMS
Download Special Sitting Form (Bring into the Exam Office with your documentation).
1.0 It is imperative for students to attend final examinations, submit final projects, and perform practical examinations as a culmination of a course.
2.0 Failure to attend an examination or complete any other portion of a final project or practical may result in a failing grade
3.0 All examinations will be taken during the designated examination schedule. Students who are unable to write the examination at the scheduled time must have a valid reason, present evidence, and pay a fee.
5.0 What are the valid reasons for missing an examination?
- • ill health or injury
• compassionate grounds (immediately and extended family)
• representation in significant cultural or sporting activities at a national or international level
• employment related travel
6.0 What happens if I miss my examination?
- If a student has a valid reason for missing an examination,
• you must apply for a special sitting (see Examination Office for an application),
• attach relevant supporting documentation (see chart below) relating to why you could not sit the examination within the examination period,
• have the application approved by your Department Chair and Academic Dean,
• submit the application to the Examination Office.
• The committee will review the application and respond by email within 24 hours.
• If approved, the student must take the completed and signed application to Student Accounts Department and pay the fee for the special sitting.
• The receipt must be presented to the Examination Office for rescheduling to be confirmed.
|Reason||Procedure & Documentation|
|Ill health or injury||If you are unwell on the day of your deferred examination, please ensure you visit a doctor that day so that your medical condition can be appropriately diagnosed and recorded on your medical certificate. If your illness is considered by the medical practitioner to last longer than the day of your examination(s), the dates should be recorded on the certificate. If you are unable to get an appointment with your doctor, there is an after-hours service available. Pharmacy Certificates are not acceptable as a medical certificate. You must see a qualified medical practitioner.|
|Compassionate Grounds||If a family member dies, you must provide either a death certificate or an obituary or an obituary in the form of a newspaper clipping with your name listed|
|Representation in significant cultural or sporting activities at a national or international level||Letter from the agency stating your role and participation and detailing the dates and times of the event.|
|Employment related travel||Letter from the employer stating your name, position, and dates of travel.|
7.0 Special Sitting of Examinations
- • Only students who miss their examinations for valid reasons shall be able to sit their examination free of charge.
• Special sittings will be held on the first Friday of the following semester at 9:00 a.m.
8.0 The following reasons are invalid for missing an examination and the students presenting these excuses will be able to sit the examination; however, they will be charged a fee of 150 dollars per course.
- • if you misread the examination timetable, forgot, slept in, etc.
• recreational travel (domestic or international)
• planned or unplanned events, such as weddings and birthday parties
• routine demands of employment
• stress or anxiety normally associated with examinations
• if you did not study or if you were not prepared
• other grounds considered inappropriate by the Examination Committee
- ALL Math and English examinations will be sat on Tuesday, April 23, 2019, and will fall under the category of common examinations (i.e. the same final examination administered to all students in the course at the same time.) Blocks B and I will be reserved for common final examinations on that particular day as shown in the Common Examination Schedule below.
- The schedule will be updated on a consistent basis, based on changes made throughout the duration of the semester. The finalized draft of the schedule will be posted on March 4th, 2019. However, should you require an individualized printout of your final examination schedule for your employer, please email [email protected] or call 502-6367.
- Additionally, should you have any clashes, please bring it to the attention of the exam office immediately so that special arrangements can be made in a timely fashion.